When you’re in university, you feel yourself getting competitive against pretty much every single other uni out there. You can’t help it. Especially the ones that are in closest proximity to yours. And God help them if you’re in a Varsity competition. We do our chants, and show our pride by donning our university’s logos on our hoodies, bags, cups… pretty much everything we can get our hands on.
However, when it comes to league tables, there’s a few things that aren’t usually taken into consideration. For example, yes. You can see how well the pass rates are, or how likely you are to get a job in your chosen field when you graduate… but what about sex?
Let’s be honest here. In university, grades are the most important thing. However, you are put into an environment with lots of people who are generally of a similar age. Things happen. We meet people we like, and others who we like A LOT.
But which universities are the top of the table in terms of number of sexual partners? Believe it or not, there has actually been some research done on this particular subject. And there’s a top ten.
I won’t make you wait any longer, here’s the list.
1. Leeds Beckett (8.45 average partners)
2. Southampton Solent (8.18 average partners)
3. LSE (8.00 average partners)
4. University of Ulster (7.64 average partners)
5. Staffordshire University (7.57 average partners)
6. Middlesex University (7.50 average partners)
7. Nottingham Trent University (7.25 average partners)
8. Oxford Brookes University (7.12 average partners)
9. University of Aberdeen (7.04 average partners)
10. Liverpool Hope University (7.00 average partners)
LADbible got the stats from HexJam, who asked 5,800 students from a variety of different universities about their sexual history throughout their time in university.
It’s also been broken down by subject matter.
1. Leisure, hospitality, tourism and retail – 7.72 average partners
2. Production/engineering related – 6.82 average partners
3. Marketing – 6.81 average partners
4. Theology and comparative religion – 6.65 average partners
5. Management, marketing, noisiness and HR – 6.59 average partners
6. Accounting and finance – 6.35 average partners
7. Sports science – 6.19 average partners
8. Food and nutrition – 6.13 average partners
9. Humanities – 6.10 average partners
10. Philosophy – 5.85 average partners
And in last place, at number 39…
Chemical engineering and related – 2.95 average partners
So there you have it! However many partners you have, just remember to be safe.
Featured image credit: Pixabay